Monday, March 29, 2010

Working from home....

I have the ability to work from home. When I take advantage of this option and lock myself away in my residence I often feel guilty. To insure that I am not taking advantage of the loose reins of my job, I work from the time I would begin my commute into the office until the time I would normally arrive back home at the day's end.

In comparing these work locations, I find that at home I am not distracted or pulled into idle chit chat. I am also not going out for lunch when working from home or even down the corridors in search of coffee. Therefore, I honestly believe that working from home produces more work for my employer provided I continue to work as hard. Since work ethic is often a trait well defined by an employee's middle ages, it seems like adopting a policy for working from home could benefit the business. It also comes across as a benefit to the employee at no cost to the company. The less electricity, supplies, and space the employee is using onsite actually cuts cost as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment